Pages

02 May 2012

Vegetable Gardens

I have a dream that one day I will be able to walk out of my back door to my vegetable patch to pick some salad leaves and to dig up some little potatoes to cook; everything as fresh as fresh can be.  We will eat what is in season and have a vegetable patch that is a beautiful to look at as it is productive.  My inspiration is my friend Ann's garden - her original allotment in the field next to her house in Shropshire and now her gorgeous Menorquian garden in the Balearic sunshine.  Feast your eyes.











The following pictures come from a variety of gardens in England and Scotland, including Harlow Carr RHS near Harrogate and the isle of Iona in Western Scotland.





























And finally there are my efforts.  Has to be said that Fellside wasn't ideal for vegetable growing.












No comments:

Post a Comment